Monday, December 31, 2018

Happy New Year's everyone!


To many of you, it's a night to go out and party.  To me it's just another day.  I could spend the rest of my life writing about the things hat happened in the last year for me.  But the most amazing thing is that I'm still alive. 

I've just scrolled through the first half of 2008's blog posts.  348 posts, nearly 50,000 page views in the last year.  The Orcs (evangelical establishment) still hate me as much as ever, but don't want my story to ever come out.  I survived snow collapsing my tent, an 11 degree (f) night in the tent, a Carolina near lynch mob, my artwork sales begin shut down so I'd be forced to go to jail, and all manner of threats in Winston-Salem.  Things there got ridiculous, and I literally had my life threatened multiple times because of this blog.  Really. 

Realizing how stupid things were, I escaped North Carolina, and I mean that literally as well.  I wound up in a city I'd never been to before, where I knew no one (later found an old friend and some new ones), with $3 in my pocket.  I'm still homeless, getting harassed a bit again because of that, but I'm selling some art, now selling zines, and plugging away to get back on my feet, while marching into 75 mph headwinds (metaphorically speaking).  It's been a wild ride.  But I'm still here, and still creating.  And that's what's important. 

Oh, that looming recession I was predicting a year ago, that's here, too.  2019 is going to be nearly as wild for many of you as 2018 was for me. 

Party it up.  Take and Uber, Lyft or taxi home, and sleep it off.  It's gonna get fun in this coming year...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...