Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Why huge businesses (and towns and cities) die


I'm an artist who actually sells art on a regular basis.  I don't make a real living at it yet, but I'm getting there, and I literally started without a dime.  I'm also homeless at the moment.  The night before last I slept outside a few hours after 13 confirmed tornadoes, one fatal, blazed through this area.  Yet I spend time on this blog, Facebook, Pinterest, and not Instagram every day.  I "produce content."  For free.  For anyone interested.  Every day.  Why?  Because I realize that that's the game now.  I listen to Gary Vaynerchuk nearly every day as well.  Gary doesn't tell you what you want to hear.  He doesn't get you psyched to "Go for it!"  Gary has been working with the internet as a businessman since about 1997.  He's been using social media since it popped up.  He was on You Tube on day one.  He tells us all what's happening, where things are going, and why you have to simply accept it and deal with the change that's happening.

Toys-R-Us, the long time dominator in the toy sales world, is out of business because they didn't listen people like to Gary Vee.

Your world, no matter what you do, has been dramatically changed by new technology in the last 20 years.  It's happening faster and faster, and there's a lot more to come.  And there are a lot more old school companies that will collapse in the next few years.  Listen up.  Why?  Because your world will be rocked by what is happening.  You can learn the skills to take advantage of this change.  Or you can walk out of your job crying and surprised when they lay your ass off because they went out of business like Toy-R-Us, and Blockbuster, and all the other businesses dying off now. 

It's up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...