Monday, September 17, 2018

Tornadoes in Richmond today


This happened in the last couple of hours, about 9 miles from where I am.  There's one person confirmed dead, in this building you see getting destroyed.  I'm in the main Library in downtown Richmond. 

We were asked to go down into the basement a couple hours ago because of a tornado warning.  I've done that many times as a kid in Ohio, and sheltered in place (no basement) ready to go into the apartment bathroom in North Carolina.  One tornado touched down about 10-15 miles from us in Ohio once, and one about 20 miles away in North Carolina once.  I didn't expect much.  The library staff put the local news up on a big screen downstairs. 

Last I heard, 8 confirmed tornadoes in the Richmond area today, at least a dozen more radar indicated, possible tornadoes.  Three confirmed tornado touchdowns in Richmond area.  One known fatality.  One car on its roof.  At least three or four cases of serious roof/structure damage.  Crazy day.  Even crazier seeing as I'm homeless and sleeping outside tonight.  Homelessness, it's not just pathetic, it's an adventure. 

Oh, and the local news station, CBS News 6, got struck by lightning while I was watching a little while ago.  Crazy.  These storms are the remnants of Hurricane Florence.  Guess Richmond didn't totally escape he wrath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...