Wednesday, September 5, 2018

AFA Oregon Pro Ramps Video from 1987


I'd like to give a HUGE thanks to Rosey Junior, who linked this in the comments of my blog post about rider-made videos, in the Club Homeboy FB group.  This is actually the second video I ever produced, for Bob Morales at the American Freestyle Association, way back in 1987.  I haven't seen this since probably 1987, maybe '88.  The cameraman was Pat Wallace, the Unreel Productions staff cameraman then.  It was edited on pro quality betacam (NOT betamax), by Unreel editor Dave Alvarez, who's a fucking wizard with video stuff.  He's also the guy who taught me most of what I know about video while later working at Unreel.

Should you bother watching this?  I'll just list the amateur riders, and you decide.  Mathew Hoffman.  Joe Johnson.  Dino Deluca.  Dave Voelker. 

I'm going to be sharing most of my old school BMX stories on the new Block Bikes Blog from now on, check it out...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...