Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Latest Sharpie drawings of mine- 9/26/2018

 This is my take on a photo Barspinner Ryan Brennan, now an accomplished free diver, snapped.  It was just a cool pic, and I like drawing animals, so I wanted to give it a try.  It's 11" x 14," and with Ryan's OK, I'd like to sell some copies of this one.  I definitely need to do more water oriented drawings like surfing, diving, sea animals, and all that.  They work good with my Sharpie style.  Sharpies on paper, #sharpiescribblestyle
 The top of these two pics is a small Bob Marley drawing I did.  It's 8 1/2" X 11," and there may be some copies available around if you dig it.  The bottom pic is a close-up of the drawing of Mike Ness of Social Distortion drawing that was in the last post.  This drawing is in th epossession of Social Distortion themselves, now.  In nearly all of my musician drawings, I put lyrics, song titles, and album titles in that background.  Up close you can read them, but from 10 feet away or so, they blend into a cool background texture.  Both are Sharpies on paper, in my unique scribble style.  #sharpiescribblestyle
I had been drawing different things in my scribble style with Sharpies for years before I got around to looking up Sharpie art online.  The coolest stuff I found then was black and white "doodle art" by artist Jessie Armand.  I've been trying to do similar stuff, just for the heck of it, ever since.  My doodle drawings aren't as cool as Jessie's, but I like doing this type of drawing when my brain is tired from my more tedious scribble style work.  Sharpies on paper, 18" X 24".

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...