Monday, January 15, 2018

Michael Jackson Sharpie Drawing

I was never a huge Michael Jackson fan.  But this was a fun drawing to do.  This one was a request from a guy who's bought three other drawing recently.  I wanted to capture MJ both singing and dancing, and I liked the way these two images worked together.  The background is titles of songs from his six, solo, studio albums recorded while he was alive.  It's done in my unique scribble style with Sharpie markers.  18" X 24", Sharpies on paper.  With every musician drawing, I listen to a lot of that artist's music while drawing it, and I always come across songs I didn't know about.  My favorite Michael Jackson song I found doing this drawing is "They Don't Care About Us."

No comments:

Post a Comment

UCLA-Gaza War/Pro Palestine college protests

  Democracy Now (of WBAI radio NYC/Pacifica Stations), April 30, 2024 report of students at Columbia University occupying Hamilton Hall, the...