Monday, January 29, 2018

January 29th, 2018: No Rain


50 degrees last night, after about 24 hours straight rain.  Everything, including my bedding, was soaked.  Spent a chilly night under an overhang.  Not much sleep.  Rough night. 

Everything is drying out now.  Sunny and a balmy 45 degrees right now.  Some rain expected tonight.  I'd prefer no rain.

At an Action Sports Retailer trade show in the early 90's, I walked in the door of the convention center one evening with the J' Lofty clothing crew.  I edited a little promo video for them for the show.  Some long haired guy walked up and handed me a Xeroxed, hand cut sticker.  "Check out my band tonight," he said, "we're playing the after party with Mary's Danish."  "OK," I said.  He bounced off and handed out more stickers.  The sticker, as you have now guessed, said, "Blind Melon."  It was the first time I heard of the band.  Good band, cool vibe, and it was a fun show that night with them and Mary's Danish.  I could use a danish right now.  And no rain tonight.  I crashed in the J'Lofty room that night, on a small patch of floor, next to an open patio door and a pit bull named Marley.  Marley and I spent the whole night scooting each other back, trying to get a bit more of the crowded floor space.  Ah, the good ol' days...

No comments:

Post a Comment

UCLA-Gaza War/Pro Palestine college protests

  Democracy Now (of WBAI radio NYC/Pacifica Stations), April 30, 2024 report of students at Columbia University occupying Hamilton Hall, the...