Monday, November 29, 2021

Dakota Roche "Native Land" (BMX) edit


I just realized this is a year old, I thought it was more recent.  This is my favorite Dakota Roche edit, when I want to watch some new school street.  Back in about 2002, Cory Nastazio had a jam, up in Gorman, and most of the people had dinner at a good burger spot afterwards.  The woman who helped put on the event was there, with her son.  The kid was pretty skinny, and talking to all the pro riders saying, "I'm gonna go pro like you guys some day."  The riders were all cool and encouraging.  That kid was Dakota Roche.  I ran into him two or three times after that, riding better each time.  I remember him an a couple guys showing up at the Westminster Skatepark once, while I was riding there.  He's freakin' a beast on street now.  Love seeing his parts, but this one is my favorite. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

An anthropologist's look at skate spots

This 12 minute video about skate spots popped up on my feed the other day, and I took the time to check it out.  For the first minute or so,...