Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Road trip to Switzerland?


Watching random sports videos the other day, I saw this video for "The World's Biggest Pump Track."  As a fat, old, Has Been BMX guy, pump tracks look really fun, and a good way to get myself riding again when I get another bike and lose a few more pounds.  But this place in Zurich Switzerland is downright amazing.  Pump lines, jump lines, and all kinds of berms to rail and tranfers to try.

Like I said, I'm old.  I was alive when BMX and later mountain biking were invented, both in California.  I remember when all the best riders were from the U.S. of A.  But the shit's gone worldwide now, and there are people ripping all over the place.  I've known for years that Vancouver, for example, has great outdoor skateparks, insane MTB trails at Whistler, and really cool pump tracks built more recently.  But Switzerland as a world leader in great places to ride?  That's a new one on me.  So here are a few videos of this place.  Enjoy.  The grab a shovel and get to work.

Sam Pilgrim and friends session Zurich bike park.

"Crazy Jump Session" at Zurich bike park.

Gstaad SCOTT Tour de Pump.

Drone footage of Zurich pump track

Sunny day Funny day at Zurich

Indoor bike park in Zurich

Road Trip to Zurich Pump Track

Check out my art in person, or create a project of your own while here in Winston-Salem at Designs, Vines, and Wines.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...