Saturday, March 31, 2018

Latest drawing: REM

My sister Cheri has talked about me doing this one for quite a while, for her husband Nathan.  They've both been REM fans since high school.  I've been working on it in bits and pieces around the other drawings I've been doing.  I just finished it the other day and took it over to them yesterday.  I never listened to REM a lot when I was younger, except for all their songs I heard on the radio over the years.  "End of the World" has always been my favorite, and I put the lyrics of that one in the background of the letters R-E-M.  It was cool listening to a bunch of their music as I drew it.  They have a lot more really good songs than I remembered. 

Sharpies on paper, in my unique scribble style.  There's a little bit of paint pen in this one, as well.  Pretty stoked on how this one came out.  18" X 24."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...