Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Pinterest for guys - April 2022



I'm a dude,  And I love Pinterest.  That's right bitches, I just said that out loud.  OK, I typed it in a blog post caption, but I also said it out loud, which got some weird looks, since I'm at the library right now.  Oh, and this video is pretty funny.  

I haven't used Instagram in 8 months or so.  Don't care.  I'd rather spend time on Pinterest.  It's a MONSTER for SEO (Search Engine Optimization).  If you have a business, website, or blog to promote, Pinterest can totally help you do that online.  It's its own search engine, focused on visuals, photos and now videos.  I often chill out by just "collecting" pics to my Pinterest boards, while listening to cool music,  a podcast, or the like.  Just about everyone one of my #sharpiescribblestyle drawings, that I have a photo of, is on my Pinterest board, 183 of them right now.  You know how all my main blogs are locked in the #1 spot on Google if you search the title of them?  Yeah, I did that with Pinterest, and solid blogging.  

Stats
Pinterest is the 14th largest social media network, beating out Twitter and Reddit, among others.  It has 431 million active monthly users.  Only 60% of Pinterest users are women now, down from about 80% pre-pandemic.  A lot of guys started using Pinterest during the lockdowns and time since.  People watch close to 1 billion videos a day on Pinterest.  85% of Pinners say they use Pinterest to plan new projects.   Advertisers can reach more then 200 people on Pinterest.  These and other Pinterest stats here.

Why Pinterest?
On Pinterest you create "boards," like an old time cork or bulletin board on your wall.  Then you collect photos or videos, and "pin" them to your boards.  Anything (OK, almost anything) you want.  Cool cars.  Motorcycles.  80's BMX bikes.  DIY projects.  art/design ideas.  Whatever.  To see all my stuff, you have to join, which takes about three minutes.  That's it.  That's all the sales pitch you're going to get.  Pinterest is the "bucket" for your bucket list.  Here's my page.

Here are a few of my Pinterest boards. You can see the top 10-20 pics without joining.  







The Big Freakin' Transition- 466 pins (My theory on why the 2020's are so crazy)


Funny signs- 480 pins



NSFW quotes- 248 pins

Bruce Lee- 132 pins

Because Pizza- 67 pins


Want to get started on Pinterest?  Watch this video to learn the basics.  If you want to start learning how to use Pinterest to promote your website, blog, or even your brick and mortar business, watch this video.

I started a new personal blog, check it out:



No comments:

Post a Comment

Slappy Days are here again...

I used to hate it when lazy magazine writers would use a popular old song title or tag line as the title to an article or TV segment, when I...