Monday, December 27, 2021

What I've learned about NFT's... someday...

 I just began working on a whole series of blog posts about what I've learned about NFT's, those weird, art/crypto things that a bunch of people say are scams.  But I can't get into my Rarible account for some reason, where my two "practice" NFT's are.  I'll write these posts once I know I can actually start trying to sell some NFT's...  Bummer.  

Until then, here's a cool history of the Mutant Ape Yacht Club, which became the breakout stars of the NFT collectible, profile pic world in 2021.  These funky looking apes were created by guys who say they spent their 20's BMXing, skating, drinking, and talking smack behind the local punk bar in Miami.  Never underestimate BMXer and skaters creativity.  Or business sense.  These 10,000 ape NFT's sold for about $130 each in April and May, and now sell for $200,000 to about $2.9 million each.  Not a bad year's work.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slappy Days are here again...

I used to hate it when lazy magazine writers would use a popular old song title or tag line as the title to an article or TV segment, when I...