Thursday, December 16, 2021

A few of my favorite street art photos

Ripped up Obey print that was a voter rights poster, I believe.  Funny that this little bit was a part of what was left.  #SEstreetlife, #steveemigphotos
A wider shot of the ripped off, Obey voting rights print.  San Fernando Valley, CA, 2020.
There's a lot going on in this shot.  Red, white, and blue graffiti in the foreground, give it a kind of patriotic flair, then the abandoned motel, with an Andre' the Giant/Misfits, Obey icon on the wall.  This building still had one or two people squatting in it when I took this photo in 2020.  It's been torn down since.  #SEstreetlife, #steveemigphotos
I call this one The Sea Captain, it reminds me of a scene of Johnny Depp as Captain Jack Sparrow in Pirates of the Carribean.  This one is only one color, but is real cleanly done.  I keep wondering if it's an actual Banksy.  There's no tag of any kind, which most pieces have in this area.  Studio City, CA, right outside the TV studio lot where I worked back in the 1990's.  #SEstreetlife, #steveemigphotos.
This is a really well done graffiti piece of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.  It was about half a block off Hollywood Boulevard, in Hollywood.  It may still be there, I haven't been there in a couple of months.  There's a ton of good graffiti in this parking lot area.  Hollywood, CA, 2021.  #SEstreetlife, #steveemigphotos.
This one so reminds me of high school in the 80's in Boise, Idaho.  Her name is Becky (it's on another sticker of her), and she's drinking a 40 from a brown bag.  God, I'm glad high school is long behind me.  San Fernando Valley, 2020. #SEstreetlife, #steveemigphotos.

 I had a Latina woman I know who works nearby translate this one for me.  I knew the first three words, wasn't sure about the last one.  It's Spanish for "The vagina is ungovernable."  That's for sure.  #SEstreetlife, #steveemigphotos. 

I've started a new personal blog on this same theme, check it out:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slappy Days are here again...

I used to hate it when lazy magazine writers would use a popular old song title or tag line as the title to an article or TV segment, when I...