Tuesday, December 7, 2021

Oh... that's why...


My life has been pretty weird for a really long time.  Things that would freak a lot of people out are just another day for me.  This Oingo Boingo song is one of my theme songs now, for that reason.  

For the past few days, "My Evel Knievel record album" post has been getting an absurd amount of page views.  I remember that story, but that post just keeps getting more and more page views.  Every day lately, a ton of people have been checking out that particular post.  I couldn't figure out why.  

So I just went back and looked at that post.  At the end of that post, which was written back in July, 2018, I went off on a tangent about the whole "I.Q. thing" that happened with some snitches at the Samaritan homeless shelter in Winston-Salem.  It was a weird thing three local guys asked me about when I first stayed at the shelter, in 2009, I think.  I had no idea what they were talking about.  Two or three months after writing that post, when I landed in Richmond, Virginia, the whole I.Q. thing popped up again, in a much bigger way.  

So apparently that is why so many people have suddenly started checking out that post.  The only IQ score I've ever been told is 132, in either 7th or 8th grade, in Willard, Ohio.  IQ numbers are a test score, for one test, on one day, that go through some formula.  I don't think they mean much at all.  All the crap I've heard 3rd or 4th hand about me having a higher IQ score is bullshit, as far as I know.  No one has EVER told me that to my face.  Don't believe the hype people.  

If you like to read my blogs posts, cool, thanks for reading.  But just because someone tells you some wacky story about me doesn't mean it's true.  There's a lot of really weird shit going on in our world these days, and somehow I got tangled up in some of it.  I still don't know why.  I'm just trying to find a way to make a living from where I'm at, in this area, using the skills and talents I have these days, after years of weird shit happening regularly.  

OK, enough of that BS, moving on...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slappy Days are here again...

I used to hate it when lazy magazine writers would use a popular old song title or tag line as the title to an article or TV segment, when I...