Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Richmond's Shockhoe Bottom area in photos #5

 More from my photo taking hike around the Shockhoe Bottom area of downtown Richmond, Virginia last weekend.  The building in the center is the Main Street train station, one of Richmond's big redevelopment projects in recent years.  I liked the porcupine staple pole texture in the left side to frame it.  Main Street Station is really cool inside, check it out.  You can catch Amtrak there.  
 If you've read any of this blog, you know I landed in Richmond accidentally last August.  There's a HUGE mural scene here, they're everywhere.  As I was trying to just survive at first, there was no plan.  I spent the winter, as a homeless guy, selling one of my Sharpie art drawings for money when I could, and just in survival mode.  It was the murals everywhere that made me first think of maybe sticking around for a while.  Six months later, I'm still here.  Here's one of the many, many murals.
 Under freeway, hanging public art piece that somehow reminds me of early airplanes.  Across from Main Street Station. 

 I take the Pulse bus a lot, and this is the view from the Main Street Pulse station.  Sitting here several times is kind of what gave me the idea I should walk around this area and take photos someday.  Last weekend WAS someday.  Make it happen.  #RVA #RVAallday
Minimalist street art on the side of a strip club.  Stripped down street art?  Sorry, couldn't resist.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slappy Days are here again...

I used to hate it when lazy magazine writers would use a popular old song title or tag line as the title to an article or TV segment, when I...