Monday, March 25, 2019

Hmmmm... haven't I heard this somewhere?

In this CNBC article this afternoon, (March 25, 2019) it says the bond market is signaling a recession is coming.
Bond market says not only is a recession coming, but the Fed will cut interest rates to stop it

Here's my January 2018 blog post, "Larry Kudlow's Wishful Thinking," (unedited, of course) where I predicted the recession the bond market is now predicting.  Sorry I predicted it 17 months ago, I tend to be early on these things.  

"We're the hottest economy in the world."
-Larry Kudlow, President Trump's Economic Advisor, and former CNBC host

Here's the March 8th, 2019 CNBC news clip that quote above came from.  Two weeks ago.  Hmmmm... maybe Larry Kudlow is wrong.  You know, like he was in 2008 when he said the economy was fine.   

By the way, in May of 2018, I had a bunch of guys, in the city I lived in then, come out into the woods, stomp around the tent I lived in, and tell me they were going to beat the fuck out of me with baseball bats.  Why?  Partly because I was a homeless guy blogging about the idea that there was a serious recession coming.  Ultimately, they left and didn't beat me up, as a storm was rolling in.  Now the U.S. Bond Market agrees with me.  

Oh yeah, if I happened to own rental properties in a college town or city right now, I'd sell the sucker QUICK.  But that's just me, and should not be construed as financial advice.    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slappy Days are here again...

I used to hate it when lazy magazine writers would use a popular old song title or tag line as the title to an article or TV segment, when I...