Friday, April 14, 2023

Janis Joplin short documentary- "Janis"- 1974


For the last two or three weeks, I've been working on the second Janis Joplin #sharpiescribblestyle drawing I've done.  The first one was in 2016, the second musician drawing I ever did, out of abou t80 or so.  When I do my drawings, since they take 40 or 45 hours each, I listen to the person's music, interviews, documentaries while I draw.  This is a short documentary about Janis, almost all great live clips of her singing, with a little bit of talking in places.  I can listen to her music for hours.  Great stuff.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Huntington Beach Pier Bank sessions of 1989

  Here's a great shot of 1970's era skateboarding at the Huntington Beach Pier bank, some variation of a Bertleman or layback slide....