Saturday, February 18, 2023

The economy in 2023: Post #1- The people I listen to for info


Wealthion founder Adam Taggart interviews Nick Gerli from Reventure Consulting in January of 2023, about the state of  U.S. real estate in 2023.  I think Nick has, by far, the best overall grasp on U.S. real estate these days.  I've been following his YouTube channel since last Spring, and he's been calling where things are going incredibly well that whole time.  

If you follow my blog(s), you know I have a geeky interest in economics, and consider myself an amateur futurist.  Since I was a little kid, I've been trying to predict where society would be in the future.  The late futurists Alvin Toffler, and his wife Heidi, are the people I look up to the most, in that repect.  I've written quite a bit about my idea of The Big Transition, which is basically an extension of the Toffler's Third Wave theory, extended into our current time period. 

I have a new blog called Adaptive Reuse SoCal, about finding new uses for old, abandoned, and unused buildings, as well as the economy and commerical real estate in general.  Check it out!

I'll go more into my Big Picture concept of where I believe society is in the next post.  I began writing this post two days ago, and the original version is now a 1,000 word+ behemoth.  I realized I needed to turn this into three or four posts, so here's the first.  These are the main people I look at to get more detailed info on different aspects of the economy, to fill in the Big Picture concept I have.  Check out any that seem interesting to you.












Full Send Podcast interviews Gargamel and Gordon Goner- two of the founders of Yuga Labs/Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT's- September 2022- 1 hour 25 minutes - While the real investment world tries to figure how to make 2% returns after inflation, the Bored Ape Yacht Club NFT's, after crypto winter, are up over 63,000%, since late April 2021.  That's not a typo. 

New meme.  This is kind of a sarcastic middle finger to all the lawyers in society who help shady people make screwing Americans legal, or more legal.  1913 is when the Federal Reserve was created, who blessed us with high inflation, and then this current recession that's just getting going, to fight their inflation.  Uh... yeah... thanks guys.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

UCLA-Gaza War/Pro Palestine college protests

  Democracy Now (of WBAI radio NYC/Pacifica Stations), April 30, 2024 report of students at Columbia University occupying Hamilton Hall, the...