Monday, December 26, 2022

I had a good solo Christmas


 One serious, and free, Christmas dinner.  Heck yeah!

While I am still homeless in the San Fernando Valley, I still managed to have a really cool Christmas.  I spent the morning working on the latest drawing, and then headed to a church that had a free Christmas meal.  Salad, turkey and stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, and homemade cranberry sauce, with pumpkin pie for dessert.  As a rule, I don't travel all over for free meals, because the homeless people who do usually spend all their time just doing that, and nothing else.  I call that the "Homeless Merry_Go_'Round.  They get free food, but never get much else accomplished.  I'm too focused on getting some creative work done every day.  

But there's one place that has a great weekly meal, plus holidays, that I recently started going to.  I got stuffed, so thanks to all the volunteers!  

They even gave everyone a packed stocking full of gifts, which I didn't expect, and they had a raffle for some gift cards as well.  So I had a great Christmas meal, then went to another spot, and did some more drawing for much of the afternoon.  Good day all around.  Hope all of you had a good day, and didn't get stuck in airports from all the crazy weather in much of the country.  


Help support my blogs and writing work on my Patreon page

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...