Sunday, December 17, 2017

White Bear Creations has moved


This is the second version of Winston-Salem's tree mural, now on Liberty Street.  The original was on Trade Street, on the front of the building where The Sweet Potato restaurant now resides.  I have absolutely nothing to do with this mural, but it's a landmark in the W-S art scene, centered around Trade Street downtown.  I'm finally getting into that scene after years in this area.

To those of you in the know, White Bear Creations, the likely future name for my Sharpie art/writing business, has moved back to Winston-Salem, NC, and now resides in a less than lovely tent in the woods.  In other words, I'm homeless again.  But I've got a bunch of unique, "scribble style" Sharpie drawings to do, and I've been working on them all day.

Last night, after a friend helped me move my tent to a more secluded location, and went beyond the call of friendship helping me struggle to put it back up, I cleaned out the tent.  As a rule, I don't have food in my camping area when homeless.  But I had some pudding cups left in the tent when I got arrested for buying donuts, and spent three days in jail, a couple months ago.  Something (animals?  kids?) got in there and spilled pudding all over the floor of the tent.  That may not sound like a big deal, but a tent smelling like vanilla pudding is way to attractive to local critters.

When I got settled in last night, I thought sleeping in a tent on a night the temperature was going to drop to 26 degrees  (F) would be the biggest thing to deal with.  I had enough covers to stay plenty warm, much to my surprise.  But the four different critters scratching at the outside of my tent, trying to find that damn pudding, turned out to be the biggest issue last night.  What can I say... neighbors be buggin'.

I spent the day today working on my Sharpie drawings indoors and getting grilled by a local snitch.  As homelessness goes, that's more exciting than I like my days to be.  Got a bunch of drawing done, though, far more than when I was sleeping on a couch in a nice warm, but drama-filled, apartment recently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slappy Days are here again...

I used to hate it when lazy magazine writers would use a popular old song title or tag line as the title to an article or TV segment, when I...