Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Pump tracks look so fun


Inverness Pump Track in Scotland.

The thing about riding a BMX bike when I was young, is that I still cruise around town and banks, jumps, and street ledges still catch my attention.  And I'm 51 years old now and over 300 pounds.  The sumo-sized weight gain came during my taxi driving.  Too much sitting and fast food.  But the weight loss is going well.  I've lost 48 pounds, but I realize it'll be a long, long time before I can ride a 20 inch well again.  Larger bikes seem to be the way to go when I can afford a decent one.

I've got my eye on the SE Bikes Fat Ripper.  It looks like the right match for me for a while.  I've been watching bike videos on You Tube, and let's face it, mountain bikes have surpassed BMX bikes in the huge jump and downhill areas.  But I'm not going to be doing anything crazy.  I keep coming back to pump track videos.  These things, like the one above, just look like so much fun.  I may be buying a shovel before I buy a bike, and building one of these babies somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slappy Days are here again...

I used to hate it when lazy magazine writers would use a popular old song title or tag line as the title to an article or TV segment, when I...