Sunday, January 21, 2024

"Become"- short poem from the early 1990's...

 

Wall ride over my sister Cheri's head, Blues Brothers Wall in Huntington Beach, 1990.  These two poems were written in the early 90's, the height of my BMX riding days.

Become

You must risk

If you're to succeed

For when you grow

Sometimes you bleed

Each much climb

Over the fence, 

For the only cage

Is Ignorance

Each Jedi knight 

And Shaolin monk

evolved from 

A lowly punk

Don't get caught

In the world's throws

We must become

Our own heroes


-The White Bear


I just wrote a big Substack post about writing poetry (before my recent stay in the hospital), if that interests you, check it out:

Steve Emig The White Bear's Substack

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog post # 1,000- In 2015, I started really focusing on my creativity...

  Author of several books, including the novel, The Legend of Bagger Vance , and the non-fiction book on creativity, The War of Art , Steven...