Saturday, June 10, 2023

The best post I ever wrote about Sheep Hills trails

Here's the link:  Classic BMX spots: Sheep Hills

I've tried a whole bunch of blog ideas in the last 15 years.  Starting with a terrible taxi driver blog in 2007, I found my voice in 2008-2010 with FREESTYLIN' Mag Tales, and then FREESTYLE BMX Tales (original version), both of which I deleted because I was a depressed idiot in 2012.  Even when I had one popular blog, sometimes I'd take time off and try other ideas for a while.  Altogether, I've tried at least 50 blog ideas, and half of those, or more, are still on the web somewhere.  

Crazy California 43 was an idea that I thought had a chance of being a money earning blog.  I wrote a bunch of posts, it looked pretty cool, but it wasn't getting near enough views from tourists to make my idea work.  Because of my financial situation, I couldn't get out and travel, and shoot photos or videos of the spots I wanted to cover.  So I just stopped working on it.  Another idea tried.  

It's also one of the blogs I lost control of, when three of my Google accounts got mysteriously shutdown one night, for no apparent reason.  If I could get into the account, I could cut and paste the whole post to this blog.  But I can't.  I've been wanting to link it here for a while, so here it is.  My best take at the history of Sheep Hills in Costa Mesa.

As of the late summer of 2023, I'm doing a lot of my writing on Substack, a platform designed specifically for writers.  Check it out!

Steve Emig: The White Bear's Substack

No comments:

Post a Comment

UCLA-Gaza War/Pro Palestine college protests

  Democracy Now (of WBAI radio NYC/Pacifica Stations), April 30, 2024 report of students at Columbia University occupying Hamilton Hall, the...