Saturday, June 24, 2023

Something is jacking up my page views... higher

 I've had a lot of weird things happen to this blog, and some of my other blogs, over the past 4-5 years.  I have a page view counter on my blogs, because people actually check out my blogs.  I actually have 25 blogs with 900 or more views.  I've tried all kinds of crazy ideas on blogs.  The vast majority of my views have come to my top 5 blogs.  I've racked up over 450,000 legit, total page views, across more than 25 different blog ideas that I've tried.  I don't live and die by views, but it tells me some people are actually reading my posts.  And that helps make up for the fact I've been doing this for free for 14 1/2 years.  

Over a few years now, I've had my page counter freeze, and actually disappear at times.  I've had poems, and a short story about creativity, disappear from one blog.  The post is there, but the text is gone.  Poof!  gone.  don't know why.  I've also had my three alternate Google accounts shut down, over one night, and have no idea why.  There was no warning or communication.  I also got banned from linking all my blogs on Facebook and Instagram for 3 or 4 years.  It's not just "algorithm warfare" these days.  There's all kinds of weird stuff going on to promote certain people and websites and social media content, and to bury other sites, posts, and videos, to keep large numbers of people from finding that content.  We lost net neutrality, and all kinds of games are being played to mess with lots of people making really good content.  But... if you make good content, on a regular basis, people will find you... anyhow.  

So in the last couple of weeks, my page views suddenly spiked to huge levels.  According to what I can see on my analytics, I've gotten over 13,000 views, from Android device(s) running Safari... in Singapore.  In two weeks.  Somehow, I don't think this blog (and a couple of others) suddenly went that viral on the other side of the world.  So now, after years of other weird stuff happening, I'm getting a buttload of fake views from Singapore, or some shady thing routed through Singapore.  

So, Steve Emig: The White Bear blog really has about 145,000 page views, which I thank all you actual humans for, over the last six years.  I don't know what's happening, but my solid page view count is getting messed up, to the upside, and I don't know why.  So I just wanted to say that.   

I just realized this is post 900 for this blog.  That's cool.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

UCLA-Gaza War/Pro Palestine college protests

  Democracy Now (of WBAI radio NYC/Pacifica Stations), April 30, 2024 report of students at Columbia University occupying Hamilton Hall, the...