Thursday, May 28, 2020

Why you should NEVER take an IQ test if you're smart...

Is this the haggard face of the highest IQ guy in the United States?  Perhaps.

Starting in September 2018, while homeless in Richmond, Virginia, I physically heard police officers talking.  They had been told I had the single highest legitimately documented IQ score in the United States of America, a score of 198, and that they needed to keep an eye on me.  But they weren't supposed to actually talk to me.  They couldn't figure out what was going on.  Last June, in 2019, while sleeping homeless at the Newport Transportation Center bus station, I heard both Newport Beach Police and Orange County Sheriff's deputies saying the same thing.  When I first came to Hollywood last September, and slept over the hill in Studio City, I physically overheard LAPD officers who had been told the same thing.  So it is true? I don't know.  I've never been told that I have a 198 IQ score to my face, officially.


In January of 1985, shortly after enlisting for the Marine Corps Reserves to get money to go to college, I took some tests at the Military Enlistment Processing Center in Boise, Idaho.  Those tests, to the best of my knowledge, included a test for IQ score.  I was never told what my score was.  I took an IQ test in junior high in Ohio, and scored 132.  I worked really slow as a kid, and didn't finish the test.  To the best of my knowledge, from the late 1970's, until late 2018, I thought my IQ was 132.  Pretty good, but not in the genius range.  So I never thought much more about it.

When time came to ship out to boot camp, in early 1985, I was back at the MEPS Center.  The first day I went there, I didn't ship out. I was told the UPS truck with my orders got stuck in s snowstorm in Oregon.  I was picked up by the recruiters the next morning, and spent another 8 hour day at the MEPS center.  On that day, I was told that the UPS truck carrying my orders actually slid off the road, in Oregon, and crashed.  The recruiters seemed to find that pretty weird.

On the third day I was supposed to ship out, halfway through the day, a recruiter took three of us into a room, and asked if we had done anything, like maybe smoked some weed, during our time in the delayed entry program.  He also said that some jobs in the Marine Corps require security clearances, and that Marines may go talk to our high school friends at some point, to find out background info on us.  That was the first time I heard a recruiter mention talking to my friends.

A couple years earlier, I sold "speed" for a couple of months, to make some money.  Crosstops and Black Beauties, were what we called the pills.  I think they were actually ephedrine, a bit stronger than caffeine.  I later found out they could be bought out of an ad in Hustler magazine, but were illegal in Idaho.  A friend of mine was selling them, and making some money.  So I did it for a couple of months.  My best day as a drug dealer in high school, I made $33.  I wasn't a good drug dealer.  So I quit, and went on with my life.  I got a job setting and pulling trap at the local gun range instead, a couple nights a week.  Not much money, but it was something, and kind of fun.

I didn't tell the recruiter about my time as a bad drug dealer during my initial paperwork.  But when they said they might go back and talk to my friends, I decided I better come clean, and tell them about it.  So I did.  I told them my story.  Then they had me write it down.  Then I was interrogated by two Marines for six hours on the subject.  It was the truth, I was completely honest, and my story didn't change.  They took me into see their colonel, and told him the story.  I was taken back home, and told to wait to hear if I could go on to boot camp, or not.  The decision took a week.

I was finally called and told that I could not go to boot camp, I was being dropped from the delayed entry program for "fraudulent enlistment."  Basically, for lying.  OK, fair enough.  I was also told by recruiter that the CMC made the call on my case.  I didn't know what a CMC was, so I asked.  He told me CMC stands for Commandant Marine Corps.  For some reason, the top general in the whole Marine Corps, looked at my file, a geeky, 18-year-old recruit from Boise, Idaho, and said, "No."  I could never figure that out.  Why would a guy, who's a member of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, take time to look at my file?  It made no sense.  I ended up getting into BMX freestyle seriously, and that turned into my career.  I never took a single college course.  I wanted to start my own business at some point, and I didn't need a degree to hire myself.  College simply didn't enter the picture again, as far as I was concerned.  I went on with my life.

Now, 35 years later, if I actually scored the highest IQ in the U.S. while in the delayed entry program, in 1985, it makes sense that the CMC might have seen my file.  IF that is the truth.  I don't know for sure.  I don't know if I ever will know.  I don't know if I will have a fatal "accident" soon because I wrote this blog post.  I do know it won't go over well in some circles.

I also know that I've overheard multiple police officers, from 4 agencies in two states, that were told I have the single highest legitimately documented IQ score, a score of 198, in the United States of America.  I also know that an incredible amount of pressure has been put on me, since about 3 weeks after 9/11, back in 2001, for some reason.  That's 18 1/2 years of weird events, being denied for jobs, and hundreds, literally hundreds, of undercover officers or agents, of some kind, questioning me.  The one at the bus stop last night was the last straw.  I'm sick of this bullshit.  I simply want to live my own life, and make a living as an artist, blogger, and writer.  That's all.

I don't know the truth, and this story of the high IQ, that several police have been told about me, is the only explanation I have.  This pressure is the reason I haven't been able to escape homelessness.  Somebody somewhere seems to want me to fit into their agenda.  That's not cool with me.  So I've tried to live my own life, and work as a blogger, artist, and Old School BMX Has Been guy.  It hasn't gone well.  We'll see where it goes from here.  

My advice?  If you're a smart person, NEVER, EVER take an IQ test.  EVER. 

Blogger's note- 10/7/2021- I believe the story being told about me behind the scenes has changed, since the powers at be figured out I'm never going to go to college.  Now I think people are being told I'm just delusional, and none of this stuff that happened ever happened.  I can only officially have a high IQ if I work for the Right side of the political spectrum, or their associates.  If I do my own thing, my IQ score from 1985 will never become public.  That seems to be the story... for now.  

I have four new blogs I'm focusing on now:

The Big Freakin' Transition- about the future and economics

Crazy California 43  - about weird and cool locations in California

Full Circle- about writing and the writing life

Plus a fiction story, sore of a graphic novel, without the graphics, as a blog...

Stench: Homeless Super Hero- Fictional story of an unlikely super hero.




Check out my new blog on future trends and economics...


1 comment:

  1. Starting your promotion before your book goes live will give you a head start. Start with teaser, trailer, beta readers, editing and marketing. usbookreviews dot com can help with getting reviews to give your book a proper launch. Down the line, try bookbub for marketing.

    ReplyDelete

Slappy Days are here again...

I used to hate it when lazy magazine writers would use a popular old song title or tag line as the title to an article or TV segment, when I...