Thursday, June 6, 2019

Dizz-pocalypse drawing

I put this on Facebook last week, when I drew it, but I forgot to post it here on the blog.  I'm going and busy now from 4-5 am every morning until 9 or so every night, doing blogging and social media for Block Bikes, my personal blog, and and a new project, and like everyone else, I need 48 more hours every day to get everything done I want to do.  So I just spaced on posting this here.  It's 11" X 14," about 12 hours of drawing, or so, and is the first scribble style drawing I've done in about a month, because of the move from Richmond, VA to Lancaster, CA.  That's my longest gap in drawing since late 2015.

I've been wanting to draw John "Dizz" Hicks for quite a while.  He was a cool guy, totally unique rider, and great character in BMX freestyle in the 1980's.  I did this one small, so I could sell some copies, and I have two orders.  On all the musician drawings I do, I put lyrics or song titles in the background, which gives it a texture that looks kind of cool.  For this one, I wanted to try a bombed out building, post apocalyptic sky background, to see how that looked. 

It's pretty cool, and I want to do a full size (18" X 24") drawing of John for an art show some day.  Anyhow, I like the basic idea, the test worked, and I'm going to send this original to John (Dizz) for him to hang on to.  Because I'm working so many hours doing other blogging/social media now, I'm going to stop doing drawings for hire, and focus on doing some really good ones so I can put on a solo art show in a few months.  #sharpiescribblestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...