Saturday, February 3, 2024

This blog just crossed 243,000 page views! Wow.


Here's a CNBC segment from yesterday (Feb. 2, 2024) about New York Community Bank, which ran into trouble this past week.  This struggling bank got the U.S. financial world worried about other regional banks in the U.S., many of which are struggling due to the rise in interest rates, exposure to commercial real estate properties that are declining in value, and the crazy economic times we're in.  The most popular post on my blog in recent days has been a short, obscure, sarcastic post, written when many people were wondering how much bigger the 2023 banking crisis might get.   

This makes 968 posts on this blog, a big chunk of them are about Old School BMX freestyle, and other things I find interesting.  But for several day now, the most popular post has been this short post from April 30th 2023, with a couple of memes I made, about the potential for further chaos in the banking system.  The post links to my idea of "The Big Transition", a chapter of my 2019-2020 book/blog thing, Welcome to Dystopia: The Future is Now.  In that chapter, I share my thoughts on why I think the Third Wave Concept of the late futurist Alvin Toffler is still playing out in the 2020's. The Big Transition chapter explains why Toffler's concept from his 1980 book, The Third Wave, really helps explain the Big Picture of why I thought (in late 2019/early 2020) that the 2020's were going to be an incredibly chaotic period of time.  I dubbed this decade "The Tumultuous 2020's," when I began publishing Dystopia, on December 21, 2019.  

Yep, one of my geeky economics posts, and one of my futurist chapters/posts, seems to be what drove over 900 views to this blog today, and pushed it over the 243,000 threshold.  A lot of these views are coming from Asia, again.  As the 2020's get more weird and more chaotic, my online book/blog Dystopia, and some of my obscure economic posts, are striking a chord with some events happening now, and they go viral in some circles of people somewhere.  

Thanks to all of you who check out my blog for any reason, and hopefully you'll find something interesting, insightful, or even entertaining, in some of my work.

For those of you from outside the BMX world, wondering why I'm making a big deal about hitting the odd number of 243,000 views, 43 is kind of a lucky number in the BMX world.  An inside joke among the legendary Curb Dogs bike/skate team in 1986, grew into a thing throughout much of BMX.  43 is to BMX, particularly Old School BMX freestylers, what 420 is to the marijuana/cannabis/weed culture.  It's an inside joke that eventually became tied to the whole subculture, a lucky number of sorts.  So any big "43" is a milestone to Old School BMX people from the 1980's, like myself.  

Thanks again for reading, and I'll try to keep writing interesting stuff, on a variety of themes.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

The Huntington Beach Pier Bank sessions of 1989

  Here's a great shot of 1970's era skateboarding at the Huntington Beach Pier bank, some variation of a Bertleman or layback slide....