Tuesday, May 3, 2022

Welcome to Dystopia: My take on why the 2020's will be the craziest decade ever

 After a couple of years of telling people we were headed for a huge recession, or possible great depression, I woke one morning with an idea to put a lot of my big ideas into a framework.  Between October 2019 and April 2020, I wrote a 20 chapter book/blog thing, here's the link:

Welcome to Dystopia: The Future is Now- Book 1

In the 20 chapters, or essays, I explained why I thought things were going to get completely crazy for pretty much the whole 2020's decade.  I call this ten year span the Tumultuous 2020's.  It's a lot of big ideas, three big concepts from top thinkers, and my own thoughts on how their theories help explain why things seem so crazy.  Covid hit in the middle of writing this, taking things to a level of crazy beyond what I was expecting.  Now, nearly 2 1/2 years into this decade, we all know it's a crazy period of time.  And we've got 7 1/2 years to go...  So this is a reminder that this big book/blog thing is sitting out there on the web, and I think it can help give a context to this turbulent time of history we are are going through.  Check it out, if you dare.  Oh, we're being driven into another, bigger recessionary period right now.  Hang on.

I started a new personal blog in May 2022, check it out:

Steve Emig's Street Life- #SEstreetlife

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...