Monday, December 16, 2019

A funny thing happened on the way to sell art yesterday...

After being busy trying to sell art online, opening an fledgling online store (WPOS Kreative), I finally took a couple of the art skate decks I've made (#sharpiescribblestyle) to set up on Hollywood Boulevard yesterday.  The star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame dedicated to our current president, has taken some abuse over the years.

At one point, a group was trying to have Trump's star removed.  Back then, Mark Hamill, Luke Skywalker himself, then tweeted that he knew whose star should replace it, Carrie Fisher, a cause championed by Kristin Grady at #astarforcarrie.  I talked to Kristin last night, she has over 5,000 names on her paper petition to get Carrie Fisher a star, which, let's face it, is needed.

All that aside, I came up the escalator from the Red Line (subway) and saw this gold toilet sitting on the black marble of the Walk of Fame.  I have no idea who did this, my guess would be pranksters with a YouTube channel.  I haven't seen any news since yesterday morning, maybe the prankster is known.

In any case, I laughed my ass off, and snapped a photo.  The was even a turd in the toilet, apparently a fake one.  Some Mexican chicks actually reached down to touch it and see if it was real, as I walked up.  I didn't need to know that bad, but it was hilarious, whomever did it.  As our nation teeters on the brink of collapsing into theocratic totalitarianism, and presidential impeachment looms, it's good  we can still laugh at the whole fucked up situation we're all in at the moment.  Now... if we can only solve this issue, and get a competent president in the White House again, and pull the Constitution out of the trash can and put it back to use.

After that, I set up with the other artists on the sidewalk, between the TCL Chinese Theater (check footprints below) and the Hard Rock Cafe.  I had a couple of my Harley Quinn art skate decks to show off.  It was cold, super windy, and I didn't sell one.  But I did get the cosplay couple who dress up as Harley Quinn and the Joker on Hollywood Blvd. (they take photos with tourists for tips) to give my art decks a thumbs up.  Pretty cool.  It's warmer, and hopefully less windy, today.  I'm working on a sea turtle skate art deck, but don't have any done yet.  I'm still drawing the turtle, based on a Barspinner Ryan freedving photo, which will look pretty dang cool.
My little set-up on the Walk O' Fame.  The big white tent on the left, that's a block long, part of the HUGE set-up for the new Star Wars movie premiere, which I think happens tomorrow night.

I wrote a while back that I went to the hand and foot print ceremony for Jay and Silent Bob, Jason Mewes and Kevin Smith, made legendary in the movie Clerks, and many films since.  The latest, of course, is Jay and Silent Bob Reboot.  The hand and foot prints for the bong-namic duo are now out and set in the TCL Chinese Theater fore walk area.  The got placed right below the Fantastic Four prints, I think.  I got to watch a live podcast with Kevin Smith there the night before last, of the Fatman Beyond podcast, and Kevin was stoked on the placement of his and Jason's prints.

Kevin Smith, left, in his trademark backwards, white baseball cap, and Mark Bernadin, right.  My view of the Fatman Beyond live podcast taping, two nights ago, in front of the TCL Chinese Theater in Hollywood.  Seriously, it was some funny ass shit, and I had no idea just how little I know about Star Wars until sitting in that crowd.  Oh, and if you ever had a dream of having sex while standing in Darth Vader's footprints at the Chinese, it's been done.  Really.  Amazing what you learn at a podcast taping.  The podcast will be up soon, and video version will be on YouTube, too.

 So that's a funny, cold, windy day's tale from the weirdness that is Hollywood Boulevard. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...