Friday, August 16, 2019

43 is FRESH!


When I was writing that last post about the non-existent Socko Rocket Car and the old AFA trailer, I looked up to see if there were any old Socko drink commercials from 1987, or there abouts.  I knew there were a couple online, but I couldn't remember if they made any BMX freestyle Socko commercials.  In that search, I ran across this funny ass shit.  It's funny enough, but for some reason this guy is rockin' the big "43," the official lucky number of NorCal BMX and now all BMX freestyle.  This shit is hilarious. 

Oh, and here's the Super Socco/Socko commercials I did find.  Man, do these suck.  Funny, though.

Super Socco commercial (1986 or before)

"Gin & Socco" (featuring Dr. Dre.  Really.  I'm not kidding, Dr. Dre)  Straight Outta Socco?

Socko commercial (after 1987)

Socko promo- Weightlifter

Socko promo- Old Woman

2 comments:

  1. Notice in the weightlifter commercial, the alarm clock sounds at 5:43!!! It’s everywh!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, noticed that 43. It wasn't a big thing in BMX freestyle then, kind of an inside joke in the NorCal crew. And it's not tied to the Fresh commercial, kinda weird.

    ReplyDelete

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...