Tuesday, January 15, 2019

Latest drawing: David Bowie

 Back in early 2016, when I first started focusing on turning my Sharpie drawings into an income, Scotty Zabielski up in the Chicago area, was sending me photos of him riding, and keeping me working.  I still haven't met him in person, but he's totally helped me out in a whole bunch of ways  these last couple of years.  Thank you for that Scotty.

Last summer, when the Winston-Salem drama was starting to get out of control, he asked me to do a David Bowie drawing for him, when I got a chance.  It took several months, but I finally finished it today.  And yes, according to two different documentaries I watched about him, David took his stage name from American pioneer and adventurer, Jim Bowie.  After getting shot in a fight, Jim's brother, Rezin, decided to help Jim defend himself.  Rezin had a huge ass knife made for Jim.  The initial design got  changed a few times, but the massive knife has been known as the Bowie knife ever since.  Because David Bowie spent his life on the cutting edge of music, I decided to work the knife into the picture. 
This one is my standard, large drawing size, 18" X 24", and done in Sharpies on paper in my still unique #sharpiescribblestyle.  I'll get Mr. Bowie on his way as soon as I can Scotty, and let's hope he doesn't go AWOL and become a space oddity.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...