Thursday, October 19, 2017

A non-BMXer's great thoughts on how bike riding changes you


I've never heard of Tony Desnick until today, this TED talk popped up while looking at other videos.  Like many of my blog readers, bike riding changed my life.  In our cases it was BMX bikes that took us new places.  Here's an incredible look at how bike riding can change a person, a neighborhood, a community, or even a country.  And it's by someone who came at bikes from a completely different direction from us old BMX guys and gals.  His childhood was similar to many of ours, but his later love for bikes came out of a health crisis.

I know you don't have a spare 20 minutes.  But this TED Talk is really worth a watch.  I learned a lot from it, and I think you may, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Our BMX/Unclicked podcast with Todd Lyons- aka "The Wildman"

Ryan Fudger of Our BMX/Unclicked and Mike "Rooftop" Escamilla interview Todd Lyons.    I already put this on Facebook and shared i...