Saturday, November 5, 2022

This blog just hit 138,000 page views- Cool!

 I actually got threatened to get beaten half to death once unless I quit publishing this blog.  The blog had about 30,000 page views then.  I kept blogging, and I'm glad I did.  Thanks to everyone who has checked out a post or two or ten.  I've retired this blog twice, but it still gets checked out daily.  Thanks to a big surge yesterday, it clocked 138,000 page views, of the 450,000 across all my blogs.  Thank you.

Here's the new idea and blog I'm working on, check it out:

The Spot Finder 

BMX, skate, art, and other action sports spots and locations.  

Ken Park airing over the spine of Tony Hawk's mini ramp, in Fallbrook, CA, 1989.  That's me sitting on the rail watching.  I was Don Hoffman's assistant that day, and shot a little Super 8 footage of Ken for Barge at Will.  Tony wasn't there, he was doing a demo somewhere.  I was bummed, I wanted to meet him.  Still haven't done that.  But I had lunch with Frank Hawk, Tony's dad, and Don, sitting in the bed of Frank's truck, listening to them talk about the "old days" of skateboarding, which was the late 70's and early 80's, at that time.  One of those cool days of being a video guy for Unreel, Vision Skateboard's video company.  

Still from my footage of Mark Cernicky, aka "Cernicky of Death," also from Vision's Barge at Will video.  Brea halfpipe, 1989.  Mark Cenricky more recently.  Neither of these are in the blog yet, but they are a couple of the spots I visited as a camera guy, back in the day.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Slappy Days are here again...

I used to hate it when lazy magazine writers would use a popular old song title or tag line as the title to an article or TV segment, when I...