Wednesday, April 3, 2024

It's April 3, 43 day

Gallery 5043, the unused door of an abandoned storefront in North Hollywood, where I used to randomly put up my artwork for anyone passing by to check out (and steal), back in 2020-2022.  The place finally got rented out, and it's a weed shop now.  

The 43 thing in BMX started with the Curb Dogs in San Francisco in 1986.  The number 43 just started popping up all kinds of places for them.  I heard about it when the NorCal posse came down to Wizard Publications, and Karl Rothe asked me how my new job at the magazine was going.  I said, "I just transcribed the Robert Peterson interview with Windy, it was like 43 pages long."  He freaked, and they told me about the 43 thing.  That's how I first heard about it.  It kept growing in BMX, behind the scenes.  Over many years, it became the "lucky number of BMX," or whatever you want to call it.  

So today is April 3rd, and 4/3/2024.  43 Day.  BMX day.  Go ride.  

Here's my 43 Pinterest board, in case you need to find the just right 43 to use today.  


I've been doing a lot of deeper writing on a platform called Substack, check it out:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Punk rock Pinterest... is not a thing... but I keep trying

This post is for all the freaks, geeks, dorks, and weirdos.  Not the ones who check Tik Tok to find the latest way to dress "edgy.&quo...