Tuesday, December 28, 2021

What is an NFT- a Non Fungible Token?


It's always best to start at the beginning.  What is an NFT?  This video does a great job of explaining that in just under four minutes.  So here's where you start.  

A few months ago, I came across a magazine someone left on a bus, and there was an article about  some musician called 3lau (pronounced Blou), who made a bunch of money using NFT's to sell his music and art.  It had something to do with crypto.  As a guy who's been selling drawings, and making very little money, for over five years, I thought it sounded interesting, and decided I'd look into "these NFT things" when I got a chance.  Now I'm currently homeless, and haven't had a place to really work, or do research, for the whole Covid era.  I have had to charge my laptop at some plug somewhere I'm not supposed to, and then take a bus to somewhere else with wifi, to get online, until my battery died.  Then repeat.  I've been doing that for 18-19 months.  I couldn't get near enough time online to get much work done, let alone dive into serious research on anything to new to be in books. 

Six or seven weeks ago I heard of a library that was actually open inside, where I could once again sit down, plug the laptop in, and put in solid working time again, blogging, keeping up on social media, and researching things.  One of the first things I did was to check out recent Gary Vaynerchuk videos, because he is a great barometer of business in the digital age.  Gary knows what's happening, and what new things are starting to trend.  He had several videos about NFT's.  The first couple peaked my interest, so I started diving deeper into this weird crypto/art/NFT world.  I've been going deep in to the NFT research ever since.  In this series of blog posts, over the next several days I'll share what I've learned, and my thoughts on this whole crazy world. To understand what I'm talking about, first you need to have a basic idea what NFT's are, and the video above covers that.  So check it out, if these thing interest you.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Slappy Days are here again...

I used to hate it when lazy magazine writers would use a popular old song title or tag line as the title to an article or TV segment, when I...